Located in Calgary AB, TEC has been serving clients in Alberta, British Columbia and overseas for the past 20 years.
Family Owned and Operated since 1996
Troy Environmental Consulting opened in March 1996 and is located at the intersection of the Trans Canada Highway (16th Avenue) and Centre Street in Calgary, AB. From Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) to large scale remediation and reclamation, TEC is a cradle-to-grave environmental consulting firm with a reputation for professional, ethical, cost-effective and timely services.
TEC was founded by Thomas Ha, MAEG., P.Geo., CESA who has been providing quality environmental consulting services to a wide range of clients and project sizes since its inception. With 35 years of environmental consulting and oil & gas experience, Thomas has intimate, local knowledge of Alberta and British Columbia and has been a registered professional geoscientist with APEGA and APEGBC for 30+ years. He brings a diversified wealth of international expertise having worked in Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, China, and South America - specifically Colombia and Peru. He is passionate about giving back to the community, giving his time as a Parish Financial and Pastoral Council Member, guest speaking for the YWCA Professional Immigrants Employment Retraining Program, and as a membership review board member for the Associated Environmental Site Assessors of Canada.
TEC is a family owned and operated business.Thomas works with his son, Weison Ha, B.Sc, CESA, who has been managing all Phase I ESAs since 2013. Weison has completed over 200 projects in that short time and brings detailed knowledge of architecture and building industries. He contributed greatly to the success of his last two firms - Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning Ltd. and Bing Thom Architects - two of Canada’s most innovative and internationally-recognized architecture firms over the past 30 years. In addition to his strong work ethic and optimism, Weison has a strong sense of civic duty. He has donated his time and skills to developing promotional material for Builder’s Without Borders and the Vancouver Planning Commission. He previously interned in his leisure time for the Sustainable Building Advisor (SBA) Program, completed the SBA certification course and studied to become a LEED Green Associate.
Thomas and Weison would be happy to help you with your next environmental project and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact us any time.
Main (403) 282-2178
Fax (403) 282-7439
120 - 16 Avenue Northeast,
Calgary, AB T2E 1J5
TEC's professional staff adheres to the guidelines and regulations of the following organizations and also holds multiple qualifications/certifications.
International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
Association for Environmental and Engineering Geologists (AEG)
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Associated Environmental Site Assessors of Canada, Inc. (AESAC)
- Certified Environmental Site Assessors (CESA)
- Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC)
Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA)
Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB)
Commercial Division, CREB
In addition to the above organizations, TEC is also proud of the following credentials:
- A listed petroleum tank management association’s (PTMAA) professional consultant.
- A member of the Alberta Heath Services (AHS) approved list of professional consultants for assessment and clearance of condemned marijauna grow houses.
- A member of the Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development’s (ERSD) approved list of Salt Contamination Assessment/Modeling Professional.
- An approved consultant of Alberta Municipal Affairs’ Underground Petroleum Tank Remediation Program.
- Good working relationship with the City of Calgary’s Environmental Management Group.
- A former nominee for the Emerald Award of Alberta, Alberta Emerald Foundation.
Drop us a line any time - we'd love to hear from you!
Suite 104, 120 - 16 Avenue NE, Calgary, AB T2E1J5